Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My husband and I share the same email address. When he set up his iphone 5s, he used the same Apple ID that I used for my phone. Now whenever either of us sends a message, the other is included. Is there a quick fix to this?

My husband and I share the same email address. When he set up his iphone 5s, he used the same Apple ID that I used for my phone. Now whenever either of us sends a message, the other is included. Is there a quick fix to this?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 11:12 AM in response to suefromDR

There really isn't a quick fix. Apple IDs are meant to be used by one person. Get yourself your own Apple ID. If you don't want to use your own email address, just get a Gmail or Yahoo address for the purpose of setting up your own Apple ID. You don't have to ever give it to anyone.

You can then share content with your husband using Family sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.