Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 update 1511 required reauthorize of iPod

I have iTunes 12.3.1.23 installed on two Windows 10 computers. I recently performed the Windows 10 1511 update which implemented a significant number of Windows fixes, feature changes, etc. When I tried to synchronize my iPod touch on one computer and my son tried to synchronize his iPod on the other, we both received an error that said our iPods were no longer authorized on their respective computers. This suggested that the 1511 update must have changed the Windows OS system id. I had expected that and the consequences when I performed the original Windows 8 to 10 upgrade, but did not expect that for a Windows 10 update. In my case, I reauthorized my iPod, consequently using up on of my 5 authorizations (I had to perform an authorize clear all earlier this year as a result of authorizations due to Win XP to 7 to 8 to 10 upgrade over the years). My son, however, had used up 5 authorizations and needed to authorize clear all, before he could try to sync his iPod (I say "try" because the update created other problems that will be the subject of another post). Since Apple limits the number of authorize clear alls to once a year, if Microsoft starts changing Windows system ids with Windows updates, updates that we no longer have the choice to avoid, Apple customers could conceivably use up their once a year authorize clear alls and in the extreme case find that they are no longer able to sync their devices for a year.

Did anyone else run into the need to reauthorize their device as a result of the Windows 10 1511 update?

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2015 1:29 PM

I haven't had cause to know one way or the other, but you might want to consider reporting this via the relevant feedback form, e.g. iTunes Feedback, or sign up for a free Apple Developer Connection account and make use of Apple Bug Reporter.

tt2

1 reply

Windows 10 update 1511 required reauthorize of iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.