Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to republish my ibooks book in the ibooks store as a revision

Cannot find instructions to reupload (replace) my ibooks ebook with my revised version. Can anyone tell me how to do it or where there are instructions to do this? Thanks.

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Have two imacs

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:58 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 8:16 AM in response to SilverBear

no one has answered this yet, so i will take a crack at it. be forewarned that i haven't done this in a couple of years. but i think you can just do the same thing you did when you published the book the first time. click on the publish icon in iba or file publish. it will walk you through. i believe there is a place to update the revision number of the book and for that matter, perhaps to indicate that this is a revision but i don't remember for sure.

you can try it out as there are several pages to go thru before to actually commit the book to the store and you will get a good idea of what you have to do.

i think iTunes producer walks you through the same process also and you can download that. i looked at it briefly and i think it is pretty much the same thing.

for hardcopy books, new revisions of books got new isbn's and it was a big deal in expenses for publishers to go thru a revision, so it was not as easily done as it is now. the isbn folks would like you to continue with this behavior, for after ll, they want to make money selling you isbn's. the rule is get a new isbn unless it is a very minor modification. i don't think many pay attention to that advice. there are complicated issues involved in this. your book is automatically copyrighted whether or not you get an isbn but if someone steals your work and tries to sell or claim it is yours, the process to fight this is harder without an isbn and if you didn't send it to the copyright office. i forget the rules about any requirement that apple places on getting an isbn. it is probably easy to find it in the doc or as part of the publish effort.

gobble, gobble, gobble

how to republish my ibooks book in the ibooks store as a revision

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.