Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assign 1-5 on MIDI channels causes recurring cc# pop-up

Logic Pro X 10.2.0 Mac OSX 10.9.5

Assign 1 thru 5 visible in View>"MIDI Channel Strip Components" causes recurring cc# pop-up menu. I can dismiss the pop-up, but it reappears as soon as I hover over a MIDI channel (making it impossible to access any knobs etc hidden underneath!). At first, I thought I had done a bad manip somewhere, and even trashed Preferences.. no difference.

So I have just put Logic Pro X 10.1.1 back in place (via Time Machine 😉 ), and all is fine there.

Anyone else encountered this? (any workaround for V10.2.0?)

To test this quickly, all that is needed, is to create an external MIDI track, and set the Mixer to show "Assign 1" (or any of the 5 available Assigns) for MIDI Channel Strips, then hover the mouse over the assign knob. O.K., so, select any controller from that pop-up menu, and that will dismiss the pop-up. But, hover over an Assign knob again (the same one or a different one), and the pop-up .. errm... pops up again.. making it almost imposiible to use that channel strip (the pop-up list is all 128 CC#s, so it can mask quite a lot of screen real estate 😉 )

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mac Pro 2009 Quad Core

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 7:56 AM in response to vic_france

I think it is in fact a conflict with some background app in my main User Account (will take me forever to track down, however! 😉 )

I do have a secondary, very basic, User Account that I only use for troubleshooting, launched Logic Pro X 10.2.0 from there, and the problem doesn't happen.

If I do eventually discover the source of the conflict in my main User Account, I shall post back, for info 😉.

Assign 1-5 on MIDI channels causes recurring cc# pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.