Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update bootcamp to version 6

Yesterday I updated my bootcamp partition from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I went through and did all the updates I had on each side (apple and mac) first thinking that bootcamp would update as well, I was wrong. Apparently My bootcamp was still on version 4.0. So now I am updated to windows 10 and everything is working except for I can not access the bootcamp control panel. It comes up with an error that I might not have permission to change the startup disk drive. So, I looked around and found that I should download the new drivers on a flash drive and try to update them that way. I tried and in the middle of updating a box pops up that says error and nothing else and after I close it, it says the install failed. I am wondering if there is some magical way of updating my bootcamp so I can use my volume buttons, change my trackpad settings and my brightness settings.

On a side note after updating, Windows 10 worked fine at first and then when I went to unplug my computer the screen went black and I could no longer get anything to show up. I found out that it had changed the screen brightness and the only way I could change this was hook up a second monitor and adjust them on both plugged in and battery power to 100% brightness. Anything else and the screen shuts off.

MacBook Pro, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:14 PM

14 replies

Can't update bootcamp to version 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.