Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iMac G5 beep three times and put fan on full blast in stead of booting?

My G5 just issues three loud beeps and puts the fan at full whack in stead of booting normally. From time to time I have been lucky and it has started up, but next time it's the same again...

I'm worried it will never start up again!

Kind regards,

Bard Thomas

iMac G5 / MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7), iPod Nano, iPhone 16Gb

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:38 AM

There appears to be a problem with the computer's RAM. Remove and reinsert all of the modules, or try using different ones.

(136558)

8 replies

Dec 1, 2015 12:20 AM in response to Noodles Brainguy

Ouch! What do you suppose is the reason that the machine has started on occation? Maybe a bad connection to the HD? Since I got a Macbook some yeras ago the G5 has been stationary for extended periods. This may add to the problem too, by letting the connectors oxydize. My experience when it comes to connectrors in cars...

I'll give the connectors a good clean and try again!

Cheers!

Bard

Why does my iMac G5 beep three times and put fan on full blast in stead of booting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.