Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I read iMessages online?

I lost all of my messages when I got a new phone and was told I could access them from my laptop by signing in to apple account. Is that true? if so, how do you accomplish it?

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:29 PM

There are really only two options to access iMessage online and they both require you to have either a Mac on hand or an iPhone or iPad connected to the same network. There currently is no way to get iMessage if you don’t have an Apple device to relay the message to and from. The reason is because all messages are sent and received through Apple’s servers so you need something that will be able to connect with their servers.

Remote Access to Mac

One option you have is to remotely access your Mac while on your PC so you can get all of your iMessages online.

You will have to sign into iMessage on the Mac so that you can access all of your messages and send and receive them.

The best option for remotely connecting your PC to your Mac is to get Chrome Remote Desktop, which allows you to connect any two computers via the browser Chrome. Follow these steps to make the connection between the two computers.

You will need to download and install Chrome Remote desktop on both your PC and your Mac.

From there, make sure you accept all of the disclaimers and follow the instructions to setup remote desktop on both computers.

Now, head over to your Mac and go to the Remote Desktop extension and get the access code needed to secure the connection.

Once you have the access code, you can go to your PC and choose to remotely connect to another device through the extension. Enter in the access code and follow the steps to pair the two devices.

You should see a screen that pops up that will show your Mac screen. Then, you will be able to manage it and send and receive iMessages from your PC online.

iMessage Through Jailbroken iPhone

Another option is to use a jailbroken iPhone or iPad to send and receive iMessage text online through a Mac or a PC. However, first I’ll outline the specifics of jailbreaking your device and what you can expect from it. Not everyone knows about it, but jailbreaking your iPhone is installing an operating system that is different from the native iOS operating system that Apple provides. Basic

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:29 PM in response to Chris-Tina

There are really only two options to access iMessage online and they both require you to have either a Mac on hand or an iPhone or iPad connected to the same network. There currently is no way to get iMessage if you don’t have an Apple device to relay the message to and from. The reason is because all messages are sent and received through Apple’s servers so you need something that will be able to connect with their servers.

Remote Access to Mac

One option you have is to remotely access your Mac while on your PC so you can get all of your iMessages online.

You will have to sign into iMessage on the Mac so that you can access all of your messages and send and receive them.

The best option for remotely connecting your PC to your Mac is to get Chrome Remote Desktop, which allows you to connect any two computers via the browser Chrome. Follow these steps to make the connection between the two computers.

You will need to download and install Chrome Remote desktop on both your PC and your Mac.

From there, make sure you accept all of the disclaimers and follow the instructions to setup remote desktop on both computers.

Now, head over to your Mac and go to the Remote Desktop extension and get the access code needed to secure the connection.

Once you have the access code, you can go to your PC and choose to remotely connect to another device through the extension. Enter in the access code and follow the steps to pair the two devices.

You should see a screen that pops up that will show your Mac screen. Then, you will be able to manage it and send and receive iMessages from your PC online.

iMessage Through Jailbroken iPhone

Another option is to use a jailbroken iPhone or iPad to send and receive iMessage text online through a Mac or a PC. However, first I’ll outline the specifics of jailbreaking your device and what you can expect from it. Not everyone knows about it, but jailbreaking your iPhone is installing an operating system that is different from the native iOS operating system that Apple provides. Basic

Can I read iMessages online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.