Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I center-align only selected text?

On the most recent version of Pages (5.6.1), I am trying to select only some text for center alignment, while the rest of the text should retain its normal alignment. Whenever I try to do this, it aligns the entire document to the center. I've even created a separate paragraph style for this, but it still happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:44 PM

Never mind. I tried copying the text, pasting into TextWrangler to neutralize it, repasted it in to a new document, and then it worked normally. Somehow exporting it from another application caused this to happen. (Which kind of messes up my workflow when I need to export a manuscript, stylize it for submission to an editor, and save it again as a Word document, but I guess I can't expect everything to play nice.)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 2:44 PM in response to gomer43

Never mind. I tried copying the text, pasting into TextWrangler to neutralize it, repasted it in to a new document, and then it worked normally. Somehow exporting it from another application caused this to happen. (Which kind of messes up my workflow when I need to export a manuscript, stylize it for submission to an editor, and save it again as a Word document, but I guess I can't expect everything to play nice.)

How do I center-align only selected text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.