Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail keeps saying my password is incorrect

So my mom brought by her phone this week and for whatever reason when she goes to check her email(outlook) it says that she's entered an incorrect password. Her mail and contacts are both blank now because of this I believe

Here's what I've done so far and nothing has worked

1. Reset the phone

2. Reset the password

3. Deleted outlook account, reset the password online, reinstalled the account and nothing

4. checked the 2 step verification process as I've seen this come up, it was not enabled online, so i enabled it put the new 2 step mobile password in and still didn't work, then I disabled the 2 step verification and tried the old password and still nothing

5. completely wiped the phone and backed up from the cloud, same problem

6. figuring it might be something with the old back up, i completely wiped the iphone, and only set up the oultook email account, and the exact same problem

I feel like i've tried everything at this point, it's clearly a communication issue between ios and outlook.com but i'm not sure where to look, my mom doesn't know how to log on online so I don't think she made any changes to her account, so i'm trying to figure out if it's ios based or outlook based, any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:57 AM

There are no replies.

Mail keeps saying my password is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.