Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heat issues running Bootcamp & Windows 10

Hi there

I have recently 'upgraded' to Windows 10 running under Bootcamp on my Mac Mini. All was fine when I had 8.1 but since I've been running Windows 10 I have noticed my Mac getting very hot. Today I noticed the case was really hot and when I rebooted back to OS X I saw my CPU temp (I use smcFan Control) was at 98c which is right at the top of the i5's temp threshold. I wasn't doing any gaming or anything strenuous I was just checking my Privacy settings after the latest update was reportedly changing them without the users permission. Hardly nothing that would make any computer break a sweat.

Has anyone else noticed this happening or recommend on how to solve the issue? My Mac normally runs fairly cool (at present 45c) so it's quite alarming to see temps right up at the upper threshold.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated.

John

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 500GB HD

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:01 PM

There are no replies.

Heat issues running Bootcamp & Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.