Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S Plus - No sounds when calling out

Hello,

I got an iPhone 6S Plus (64Gb) that I purchased recently from Swisscom. Model MKU62ZD/A, OS version 9.1(13B143).

The phone will work perfectly for a while, but eventually it will stop working only to dial out. Meaning that if I choose a number and press call, I will see the calling screen on display, but I cannot hear the dialing tone, so I cannot know if it's ringing, busy, or anything.

If the other person picks up or that I get voicemail, I will see the timer starting to count on the screen (00:00 - 00:01 - 00:02,...) indicating that I should hear something, but I cannot hear the person and he/she cannot hear me either.

Unlike I've read in other forum posts here, pressing the speaker button to switch speaker mode ON/OFF does not change/solve anything, still 100% silence in both modes.

When someone calls me however the phone rings and when I pick up, everything works fine.

Other important details - yes I checked:

- My phone is not on silent mode

- The ringtone volume and general phone volume are at the maximum

- I do not have any bluetooth device (or car bluetooth) connected to the phone and never connected one previously

- It is not, nor has it ever been jailbroken

Phone settings in General settings:

- Wi-Fi calling is enabled

- Calls on other devices is disabled

To fix this I need to turn off my phone and start it again. Then when I call out (without changing/touching any settings between before/after restarting it), it works again. I hear the dialing tone that lets me know it's reached the number and is ringing on the other side, and when the person picks up we can both hear eachother fine.

I have had to do this about 2-3 times in the past week already, because as I said it works fine for a while, but inexplicably stops working again for an unknown reason after, until I turn it OFF and ON again.

I hope this is a known issue and that there is a fix ?

If so, please point me to the relevant topic, as I have found similar threads, but none that had the exact same problem on the same device I have.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2015 12:18 PM

I also get no sound when dialing out. It's happened a few times now, and I can't replicate it on demand because it only seems to happen when I really need to make a call.

3 replies

Dec 14, 2015 9:47 AM in response to vince1612

Same issue with iPhone 6s on Swisscom.

My findings so far:

- Started with 9.1 and persists with 9.2, default Swisscom carrier bundles (23.1 with 9.2).

- Seems to be related to Wifi Calling as it never happened with Wifi Calling disabled.

- Temporarily goes away after switching off/on the phone while keeping Wifi Calling enabled

- Permanently goes away after switching off/on the phone with Wifi Calling disabled

iPhone 6S Plus - No sounds when calling out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.