Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update Aperture

Hi all. I'm only getting around to sorting out mess left by Apple ditching Aperture. I have thousands of family photos etc in my Aperture library and have decided to use Lightroom (really not a fan of Photos). Problem is the version of Aperture I was using was so old that Lightroom cannot import photos. I bought Aperture at the time I bought my Macbook (pre App Store) so there is no record of me having bought Aperture on App Store so I cannot update it. I can't even buy a newer copy of Aperture as Apple no longer sell! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Emmet

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2015 9:31 PM in response to emmetmajor

Apple gave about a years notice of their intention to discontinue their support of Aperture and iPhoto.

If you had updated or bought version 3.6, you could still be using Aperture. in the latest OS. There are methods listed all

over these forums.

However try this. Go to your Aperture library, normally in your Users/Pictures folder. Press Control and click the icon and you will get a drop down menu

choose Show Package Contents, from there you will see a folder called Masters. Open that and you will find a labyrinth of folders that contain your

original images.

Have you the Lightroom plug-in for Aperture. See here. http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/10/aperture-import-plugin-now-avail able.html

It would be good to know what versions of Aperture and Lightroom you have and also what OS you are running.

Also have you tried posting on the Aperture forum. Aperture

Nov 26, 2015 8:40 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Hi

Thank you for reply. Yes I know Apple gave lots of notice but given my problem is I am unable to update Aperture as I have no record of purchasing it on App Store, then I am sure I would still have had great difficulties updating. I am (was!) using Aperture version 3.4.5 and the latest version of Lightroom CC. I believe the Lightroom plug-in for Aperture is only compatible with Aperture 3.5.x. I will cross post this to Aperture forum. Thanks.

Emmet

Unable to update Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.