Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My password, ID & email all changed by hacker

My password, ID & email were changed at exactly the same time by a hacker (received 3 email at the same time) how can Apple allow this to happen without a response from the email account? It was an unused account linked to a Visa card that has long since been changed, I then have recieved on my iPhone and iPad lock screen a message suggesting my device is locked (which it wasn't) with an email address *************.com has anyone else had the same? Trying to contact Apple UK I'll have to wait until Friday (2 days)

<E-mail Edited by Host>

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:23 PM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2015 12:29 PM in response to Andy Sage

How can Apple allow it to happen? Apple has provided tools to make it impossible for someone to do this without physical possession of a device you've designated as trusted. That's what two step verification is for. Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support

If and when you get this sorted out, I suggest you turn it on.

In the mean time, contact the police.

Nov 30, 2015 5:24 PM in response to Andy Sage

Andy Sage wrote:

My password, ID & email were changed at exactly the same time by a hacker (received 3 email at the same time) how can Apple allow this to happen without a response from the email account? It was an unused account linked to a Visa card that has long since been changed, I then have recieved on my iPhone and iPad lock screen a message suggesting my device is locked (which it wasn't) with an email address *************.com has anyone else had the same? Trying to contact Apple UK I'll have to wait until Friday (2 days)

<E-mail Edited by Host>

If the apple account is your name or a version of your name - it is possible that someone else with the same name was given your account.

I had a new icloud iphone user create an email account that matched an Alias I have as @mac.com.

My password, ID & email all changed by hacker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.