Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The file “

Hi,

I use my Mac at home and work with Numbers and save the file on my iCloud/Numbers folder. - Sometimes at work I use my Firefox browser on a windows laptop and login into my iCloud page and open this numbers file with the WEB-version of numbers.

Today I modified the numbers file with WEB-Numbers and saved it to iCloud. - Now at home when i try to open this file with numbers on Mac I get the error message:

The file “Bumblebees.Tierisches.Paracord.numbers” couldn’t be opened.

do I open this file via the Web-Browser everything is fine and the file opens. - Any idea what's wrong here?

Thanks,
Gerald

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2015 7:39 AM

It may be that the version of Number you are using on Mac OS X is not up to date. Check by:

1) opening the App store and check for updates OR

2) select the Numbers application icon (in the Finder) and then select the menu item "File > Get Info" then observe the version of Numbers. If it is not 3.6.1 this may be the problem

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2015 7:39 AM in response to magos1965

It may be that the version of Number you are using on Mac OS X is not up to date. Check by:

1) opening the App store and check for updates OR

2) select the Numbers application icon (in the Finder) and then select the menu item "File > Get Info" then observe the version of Numbers. If it is not 3.6.1 this may be the problem

The file “

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.