Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use third party headphones/speakers with my iPhone 6S

Hello

My iPhone 6S is almost 4 days old and only just noticed that 3.5mm audio jack (aux cable) from my car and other audio jacks do not work with it. My apple headphones work perfectly fine and have no problems with it.
I have read that the iPhone 6 had problems with third party audio jacks because of their lengths. However from people's experience I've seen that the phone does detect that there is something in the port but outputs bad quality or with crackles. My iphone just pretends theres nothing in there at all even though theres no play in the jack and it is not loose.

All of these audio jacks work with my iPhone 5S that I have with me right now, but not my iPhone 6S.

What is the problem?

Thanks

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1, Audio Jacks

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 12:58 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2015 1:34 PM in response to HexAmin

I experienced the same problem. The day I got my 6s, it worked fine out of the box with 3rd party headphones. The next morning, the headphones did not work. I did not try the Apple headphones. Took the phone into an Apple Store, and they replaced it with a brand new 6s. The new 6s worked fine for 3 weeks, but it just now failed again. No 3rd party headphones work, but the Apple supplied headphones do. Off to the Apple store again. I updated to 9.2 last week.

Thanks.

Can't use third party headphones/speakers with my iPhone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.