Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I adjust the Color Board on-the-fly?

I have a Canon G7 X camera that auto-adjusts the video exposure unless you lock it in. (A screen tap will do it but I forgot.) The result is that the overall exposure might vary several times during a recording segment. It's not step-wise but a sub-second lightening or darkening. Of course I'd like to even it out.

The Color Board lacks a means to keyframe the exposure levels. One technique I tried was to overlay a clip with itself, snip it up around the darker sections, adjust the exposure of those sub-clips, and then fade/transition them on top of the original clip.

Is there a better or easier way?

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:08 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2015 4:45 PM in response to Neil G

The Color Board lacks a means to keyframe the exposure levels. One technique I tried was to overlay a clip with itself, snip it up around the darker sections, adjust the exposure of those sub-clips, and then fade/transition them on top of the original clip.

Is there a better or easier way?

My preference is to duplicate the clip to a layer above and then keyframe the opacity.

Others prefer an adjustment layer.

Russ

How can I adjust the Color Board on-the-fly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.