Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-fi works preety fine when i'm close to de router, but as soon as i move i little far, it stops working.

Hi,
I have an iPhone 5, I'm having some wi-fi issues.
Wi-fi works pretty fine when I'm close to the router, but as soon as I move a little far from the router, it stops working. It doesn't happen only with my router, iIve made some tests and ir happens also at another routers.

The worst of all, is that i took it to apple tech assistence, but they couldn't find anything wrond with the hardware. I've already made a software restauration, but it didn't work either.

Does someone has the same problem or know how to fix it?

iPhone 5, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:50 PM

In your home try resetting the router. Also reset your network settings on the phone. Settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will need your wifi password.)

If you still have issues you could look into getting signal boosters in your home. They can be wireless or plug into a outlet.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 2:50 PM in response to lscaio

In your home try resetting the router. Also reset your network settings on the phone. Settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will need your wifi password.)

If you still have issues you could look into getting signal boosters in your home. They can be wireless or plug into a outlet.

Nov 25, 2015 2:55 PM in response to AJ397

I've done that already, but also did not worked.
Every time i get about 20m from the router or i can be i little closer but there's a wall in the way, the wi-fi shuts down.
The iPhone can still recognize the network, but it can't connect to it anymore.
Just some meters and i can't connect.

But, thanks for helping! 😀

Wi-fi works preety fine when i'm close to de router, but as soon as i move i little far, it stops working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.