Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring My Ipod Nano (7 generation)

Ok, I went into the apple store yesterday and a lady reset my ipod so that all the songs on my ipod were gone but not iTunes. She told me that I could just sync my songs back onto my ipod when I got home but when I plugged my ipod into my computer it said that I had to restore my ipod. I later found out that she had formatted my ipod to a Mac computer instead of windows. So now I have to restore my ipod. Earlier I moved all of my songs onto 2 flash drives so the songs are there, backed up. Before I restore my ipod I have some worry questions I would like to get off my mind:

1. A flash drive is a way to back up music right?

2. When I restore, will all the songs in my iTunes media folder disappear too?

3. How do I move my songs back onto iTunes from my flash drives?

4. How do I move my songs from my flash drives to the iTunes media folder? (if all the songs in that folder disappear)

5. How do I move my songs from the iTunes media folder to iTunes? (if the songs in the folder don't disappear)

6. Will there be an option about formatting when I restore my ipod or will it format to windows automatically?

Thank you! Please help, answer quickly and give as many explicit directions as needed.

iPod nano

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 2:56 PM

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Drag them to the open iTunes application window or the Automatically Add to iTunes folder.

4. See #3 for restoration instructions; if they're manually put into another part of the iTunes library, iTunes won't show them.

5. See #3.

6. There won't be an option about formatting.

(136569)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 2:56 PM in response to Abbycoco2

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Drag them to the open iTunes application window or the Automatically Add to iTunes folder.

4. See #3 for restoration instructions; if they're manually put into another part of the iTunes library, iTunes won't show them.

5. See #3.

6. There won't be an option about formatting.

(136569)

Restoring My Ipod Nano (7 generation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.