Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing section in header

Hello,

I want to remove the middle section of the header in pages. I have tried just continually writing but then the writing gets cut off when I go to write in the document.

Thanks!

Pages

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:57 PM

You cannot remove the tripartite header sections in any release of Pages v5. You can click on the Document toolbar item and uncheck the Header to remove it entirely. Then replace it with a single row, two column table with its outline and its gridlines removed. If you want this to repeat on subsequent pages, then from the Arrange menu, choose Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Heen8452

You cannot remove the tripartite header sections in any release of Pages v5. You can click on the Document toolbar item and uncheck the Header to remove it entirely. Then replace it with a single row, two column table with its outline and its gridlines removed. If you want this to repeat on subsequent pages, then from the Arrange menu, choose Section Masters : Move Objects to Section Master.

Nov 27, 2015 6:54 AM in response to Heen8452

Hi Heen,

When you click in the left (or any) section of a Page Header in Pages 5, you will see this:

User uploaded file

Ignore that and just type

User uploaded file

As soon as you try to enter something in the middle or right box, the left box is chopped off (truncated). That happens also in Numbers and other spreadsheet apps.

User uploaded file

The only solution I can find is to use the enter key in the left box to create multiple lines.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

Removing section in header

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.