Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s headphone jack not working

After pluggin in at a party to play music over speakers it doesnt work anymore. Now, I cant listen to the music on my iphone with the earpods (earpods work properly on other devices). I tried to reset all settings, cleaning inside the jack but nothing worked... I think I have to get a new audio jack and replace it. Any suggestion?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:15 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:36 AM in response to romkabj

there are earpods or head phones that work off the lightening USB connection now ... and please consider that the ear phone jack is just for ear phones (earpods) not for anything else.

if you want to play music off your iPhone (I like to do that as well) .. then hook it up to a USB port.

That being said, my 5s is only 6 months old and I am now replacing it for a new one as the lightening port is broken and will not hook up for charging, playing music or connecting to the iMac.

Hopefully you have Apple Care as part of your purchase ... and when you ever go into the Genius Bar on an appointment bring proof of your reservation off the email they send you as in a hard copy or in your iPhone to show them.

Sometimes they lose the appointment and they will turn you away.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

iphone 5s headphone jack not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.