Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any reasonable explanation about that backup pasword ?

I just recently encountered another amazing feature of the 9.0something IOS version on my 6 - My messenger would no longer refresh on his own which results in me not recieving any messages unless i manually refresh the app . After reinstalling facebook and messenger few times, updating to 9.1 and reading about the problem on the internet i found out that i can do 2 things which may help me - 1st resset the settings (nothing achieved with that) , and 2nd to restore the phone . After making a backup RIGHT BEFORE I START RESTORING IT WITHOUT BEING ASKED FOR ANY PASSWORD , and also thats my very first time i use the restore feature at all so after it was completed i simply lost 4 months of memories because of this ******** software due to the fact that i have NEVER set a password for my back up files . I have tried everything , every single password i have used in the past 12 years didnt work (and no I didnt forget to try something , i made a list of everything i have used for the last decade and nothing worked ), wifi paswords didnt work , NOTHING worked . So im finally here looking for a way to CRACK the backup on my pc in order to restore whats the most precious thing that was stored in my iphone memory - my family photos and so on . I dont give a **** if thats agains the rules of this forum . The hard truth is that the software is complete garbage and just forces me to use another software in order to achieve something that simple as restoring my own photos .

iPhone 6, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 3:49 PM

3 replies

Nov 25, 2015 10:46 PM in response to z3bru

As noted by bryan.vance :

There is more see below

You can always backup without a password when you have encrypted backup option On.

You only need the password when you restore. This is where the security feature kicks in.

If you forgot there's no way to bypass it to do a restore. You have to start by restoring as new which will wipe the iPhone clean.

Read here for full details:

About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support

Any reasonable explanation about that backup pasword ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.