Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mystery app

I have a VERY suspicious app floating around somewhere on my iPad.

When I use my "Battery Doctor" app to clean up memory and storage, it goes through the various device apps. On my iPad (but -not- my iPhone, among the apps found is this (circled)

User uploaded file

I've gone though all the screens of apps on my device and everything's in English. I've gone through the IPad apps pages in the Apps store under iTunes on my MacBook Pro, and nothing illegitimate shows up there either.

Is it possible that it's actually an app I'm using, just with/without an English alias? Or is this an app I want to get rid of? (If so, how do I get rid of it if I cannot find it?)

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Vince

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:53 PM

I cannot tell you the number of times that I have seen this. First off, Battery Doctor is one of those apps that many of us that frequent the forum do not have a great deal of faith in. They tend to not be very accurate in reporting things and end up causing people like you a great deal of grief. No one has been able to identify what that is, and it is believed that it is something that resides in Battery Doctor itself, not an app on your device. Many people will tell you that if you want to get rid of anything, get rid of Battery Doctor.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 5:53 PM in response to vjdjr

I cannot tell you the number of times that I have seen this. First off, Battery Doctor is one of those apps that many of us that frequent the forum do not have a great deal of faith in. They tend to not be very accurate in reporting things and end up causing people like you a great deal of grief. No one has been able to identify what that is, and it is believed that it is something that resides in Battery Doctor itself, not an app on your device. Many people will tell you that if you want to get rid of anything, get rid of Battery Doctor.

Nov 25, 2015 6:09 PM in response to bobseufert

Not the same thing. Battery Doctor goes through the apps currently running and checks to see what memory they're holding on to that they don't need, then releases it. (Or at least claims to.) My memory use has gone down (again, according to Battery Doctor's measures) from 80% to usually somewhere around 33% after running the Memory Boost function.

Nov 25, 2015 6:49 PM in response to vjdjr

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I got busy. I fully concur with what bobseufert has to say. I just find it difficult to trust the app because of the sandbox as bob mentioned, and I'm not sure that it could have access to the API to do what it claims. Again, every thread I've ever seen that mentions this app talks about issues the person is experiencing. Many, as I mentioned earlier, have to do with some app in Chinese. Good luck running without it. I think you will find you are doing just fine.

Mystery app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.