Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail reveals all the addresses in a folder, instead of just using the name of the folder

Mail is revealing all the clients that I have in a folder, instead of just using the title of the folder to address the email. I don't want all my clients to know who each other are! How do I make it go back to doing it the right way?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:07 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 6:35 PM in response to Sherble

The correct and only way to prevent recipients of an email from seeing the other addresses is to address the email using the "Blind Carbon Copy" (BCC) field instead of the TO or CC fields. This is true of all email systems and clients (including Apple Mail).

One note is that you will typically need to put at least one valid email address in the TO field (you can use your own email) to assure that spam filters do not block the email.

Mail reveals all the addresses in a folder, instead of just using the name of the folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.