Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Offline mode in news app

I'm trying to use the new News app as an aggregator, mainly due to the ability to access saved articles in offline mode. However, despite multiple reviews saying this is possible, I cannot access any saved articles in offline mode. When I try, I get the standard message "Your iPhone/iPad is offline. You can turn off Airplane mode...". Has anyone been able to get this to work - what am I missing?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:07 PM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2017 11:04 AM in response to msinwell

I had the same issue. And I never had this issue before. But I went into settings>news and my "cellular data" was toggled off. I turned it on and it worked. I was not connected to wifi and that was off so it wasn't getting any service. I never turned the data off in the app settings, so I'm not sure how that happened and I haven't had wifi service the past 4 weeks but have still been able to use it on data. So somehow it got turned off. But it worked once I turned it back on. Hope this helps.

Offline mode in news app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.