Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

verizon iphone 5c in Colombia

I am trying to get my Verizon iPhone 5C to work with Colombian sim cards.

I used Movistar in Panama for 6 months and it worked the entire time.

When I arrived to Colombia, I bought a Claro SIM. It worked instantly! For three days... Since then, it has told me No Service ever since.

Then I went to try Virgin Mobile in colombia, same deal. Then Movistar. Same deal. Each time with a new card, I reestablished the network, made sure the operator was correct, restarted the phone, even restored the phone entirely and updated my iOS.

The thing that confuses me most is why it worked for 3 days without fail on Claro and then just imploded. If it was never compatible, it should have never worked. Not worked for a couple days and then never again.

I've been reading about CDMA vs GSM but it seems that the iPhone 5c should be free anyways to do whaat it wants because of some Verizon/FCC deal. Not to mention the fact that Movistar is a CDMA in Colombia (I believe) and it doesnt work with them either.

HELPP! Thanks

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1, Verizon

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 4:49 PM

There are no replies.

verizon iphone 5c in Colombia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.