Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I purchase an app or similar and have it be charged on the gift card I redeemed and not my family organizer's credit card

I Recently redeemed an iTunes gift card and want to purchase an 8.99 app but when I try it wants me to enter the credit card number of my family organizer. How do I make it charge my iTunes gift card?

iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:36 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 7:25 AM in response to iOSboy13

Hi iOSboy13,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It seems like you're trying to buy an app with iTunes Store credit but you're being asked for the family organizer's credit card information.

The family organizer may need to update or verify the billing information on their iTunes Store account, since Family Sharing requires a valid payment method on file.

You can ask the family organizer to verify or update their billing information using the steps in Change or remove your Apple ID payment information.

If they already have a valid credit card on file, they may just need to verify the information by re-entering the credit card security code.

Once they've done this, try buying the app again using the iOS device with your iTunes Store account and store credit.

If you still get the same message, I'd recommend contacting iTunes Store Support for more help. Just visit iTunes - Contact Us.

Cheers.

How do I purchase an app or similar and have it be charged on the gift card I redeemed and not my family organizer's credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.