Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new, out of box 6 ..keeps saying "swipe to upgrade"..absurd....why?

JJust got this for my birthday from my wife..spent about 5 minutes setting up..now I can not get passed a swipe screen that says.."swipe to upgrade" When I swipe..nothing happens. I've tried restarting several times, tried hooking up,to iTunes a few times as I read this would fix it..nothing!

this thing should work perfect out of the box but, of course it doesn't...

any ideas?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:58 PM

17 replies

Nov 25, 2015 8:07 PM in response to HD1234

This article addresses your issue:

If the Slide to Upgrade screen won't go away after you update to iOS 9 - Apple Support

Software updates / upgrades occur faster than hardware updates / upgrades. It seems perfectly normal to me that an Apple product just out of the box would need a software update. In fact, that just happened when I received my Apple Watch not too long ago.

Nov 25, 2015 8:20 PM in response to sberman

Sorry, guess I'm just frustrated. My wife and young kids were so excited to give me this for my B day today and now it doesn't work. They are far more upset than me. I tried you link to no avail.

I Know Apple is in it for the money but you expect this supposed "great product to work". So much for expectations. It's obviously an issue with the software upgrade.. Companies try to rol out new products before they are ready and this is the case here. Guess we are now burdened with the task of boxing it up and shipping it back, but who knows if the next phone won't have the same issue?

Nov 25, 2015 9:22 PM in response to sberman

hey...yeah..I just upgraded my iTunes version..it was outdated.. This did nothing to fix my problem though. It's,great, my iPhone is syncing all my mIsis etc. right now!,lovely...except for one problem...I cant access it! I have the Apple screen of death on a brand new product.

iI've tried dojg a complete,restore,.on a brand new phone, as imstructed..nothing. I did the iTunes update...nothing. I did a few restarts. Nada. But, at least you guarantted me that the next phone will work perfectly! Thank!

seriously...there is an obvious issue here with the software and I'm sure it is not on my phone only. There obviously is a chance the next phone I get from Apple wil have the same problem. Don't feel bad...most products are made poorly these days. It's nothing new.

Brand new, out of box 6 ..keeps saying "swipe to upgrade"..absurd....why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.