Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to reduce "full storage" on 4S?

HI,

I'm an old geezer, 63 and fading fast. I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 9.1 which, when I plug it in to my MacBook Pro says, "Storage almost full. Storage can be managed in Settings".

All well and good, except that it is only since I clicked the "use iCloud Drive" button and Synch this iPhone that suddenly my phone is full. Naive as old blokes

can be, I thought, okay I have 5Gb of free iCloud storage, surely that will store some of this...but no. In fact without my recalling how I've signed up to 50Gb of

iCloud storage. which still is no help....

CAN ANYONE ENLIGHTEN ME AS TO WHAT I HAVE DONE WRONG TO ENABLE THIS LOG JAM OR TELL ME HOW TO CLEAR UP THE LOG JAM?

PLEASE DON'T SUGGEST I BUY A BETTER PHONE, I LIKE THIS ONE AND BESIDES, I AM VERY ILL AND IT'S POINTLESS UPGRADING NOW 😟

KINDEST REGARDS,

TisaDr490n

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:29 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 8:39 AM in response to Tisadr490n

Hello Tisadr490n,

Glad you are still enjoing your iPhone 4s and hope you get feeling better soon.

It sounds like enabling iCloud Drive and syncing with your iPhone has filled it up. As the message stated, you can check and manage your storage in Settings.

See Check your storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Use your iOS device to check its storage

Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage.

You'll see a list of your apps, and how much storage each one uses. Tap an app for more detailed information about its usage.User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Depending on the app, you might be able to delete some of its content, or delete the app and all of its content. If your device is almost full, or you get a Storage Almost Full alert, remove some less-used content.

If you are using iCloud Photo Library along with iCloud Drive you can also check the optimization settings to save space.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

Can I use iCloud Photo Library to save space on my device?

iCloud Photo Library automatically keeps all your photos and videos in the original, high-resolution version. Follow these steps to choose how you store your photos and videos on your device:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos or Settings > Photos & Camera, then select a storage setting.
  • On your Mac, click Photos > Preferences > iCloud, then select a storage setting.

If you turn on Optimize [device] Storage, iCloud Photo Library will automatically manage the size of your library on your device, so you can make the most of your device's storage and access more photos than ever. All of your original, full-resolution photos and videos are stored in iCloud while device-size versions are kept on your device. You can download the original photos and videos over Wi-Fi or cellular when you need them.

Take care.

Anyone know how to reduce "full storage" on 4S?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.