Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing Netflix issues on Apple TV

I was having problems with Netflix streaming on my new Apple TV. It was blurry and kept buffering, particularly when I started a new episode of the series I'm binge-watching or after pausing it. Several minutes were needed before it would clear up.

Let me tell about my experience and how it was fixed.

Had problems streaming Netflix on my Apple TV.

First, went to http://speedtest.net - verified my internet speed was 45mbps. It still could have been network congestion between my ISP and Netflix's servers though.

Tested the stream using the Netflix app on my PS3. It was fine. This told me it wasn't Netflix or internet congestion.

Back on my Apple TV, I streamed a tv show off USANow. it was perfect. That told me it wasn't the Apple TV or the internet.

Went to Netflix.com/support and started a chat session where I was advised to delete then reinstall the app. Highlight the Netflix app, hold down the shaded part of the remote until the pop up giving the option to delete, then swipe up. Deleted.

Went to the app store and downloaded/installed the app again. Now it's perfect. I don't have the page any more, so gave instructions from memory, but the Netflix support tech can show you the page. Delete and reinstall the app and that will probably fix it for you.

AppleTV 2

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 5:43 PM

There are no replies.

Fixing Netflix issues on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.