Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disney Infinity 3.0 and SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller

Just installed new aTV4 with Disney Infinity 3.0 with Nimbus Wireless Controller special combo pack. Wife is having a blast with it. The Siri Remote works fine in DI. But the Nimbus Controller seems useless in Disney infinity. Paired nicely. The X controls work fine in the main menu , to choose and select settings etc. But in DI Nimbus seems useless other that the Menu Button.

Any thoughts

Apple TV, tvOS 9.0.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:46 PM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Xarvet

Were you able to resolve this? I have the same issue with the Nimbus not controlling player one but the Siri remote works. The nimbus works fine with player two. Apple support can't/won't help because the controller is connected to the Apple TV So as far as they're concernd they're done. So much for that Apple ethos of having it all work right out of the box.

Dec 26, 2015 1:33 PM in response to Digby15

Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve this which really *** because I bought 2 Nimbus remotes so my kids could play multiplayer games and both use the better remotes. I also saw this thread which suggests this isn't supported:

connecting two nimbus remotes to apple tv

Seems like a pretty big hole in the gaming capability of ATV4. What are the chances of Apple changing this in a software update?

Dec 27, 2015 7:25 AM in response to Xarvet

This is what is working for me. Use the Nimbus controller to launch infinity and not the Siri remote. Which ever one you launch the game with will become the main controller. After the game is going then you can add the second player with that controller. I don't use the Siri remote at all going from main screen to launch or at any point while using Infinity. Of course, I did update the firmware on the Nimbus and re-paired them with AppleTV. Did a restart on the whole system. That other thread where someone says you can't use two Nimbus remotes is wrong, you can. Hope this solves your issues.

Disney Infinity 3.0 and SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.