Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erratic battery level iPhone 6

MY 1 year old iPhone 6 battery is acting funny. I'm no longer getting a full day. I stopped most of the background and location stuff. I went to the Apple Store and had them check the battery health. The battery is 87% of capacity and the change it at 80%. They said all was well. Yet when I reach 20-30%, it drains quickly and when I plug it in, it goes very quickly to 37% or something. So it's acting a little erratically. Less battery life, funny charging behavior and loss of 13% of capacity in a year. Anyone have similar issues? Thanks.

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:46 PM

3 replies

Jan 17, 2016 7:58 PM in response to Lance Berger

Sort of bumping this thread -- but it is still happening with my phone. Today I went for a walk and when I left the house, the battery was 99%. I walked for 3 miles/1 hour or so, and verified my distance by checking the Health App. Then 5 minutes later, the phone's battery was "dead". So I plugged it in and not even 5 minutes of harging, was up to 68%. It's weird behavior and I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

Jan 18, 2016 10:16 AM in response to nandojp

Apple has acknowledged the bug and mostly occurs by people changing time zones or setting the time manually. Apple's solution is to restart your phone after changing the time or crossing a time zone. A fix will be in one of the updates.

I am certain that IOS is quite complicated. As a software developer it is easy for bugs to creep into the code. Rigorous testing will sometimes not uncover the flaw until a specific set of events occur. The testing of the new IOS probably never took place over changing time zones. Code is never 100% correct. Even NASA with some of best minds in the world make mistakes in their code.

Erratic battery level iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.