Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot sync my devices because I don't have Windows 7... Help?

I check for updates but it says its updated....

Then when I plug my iPod in to the computer, it says I need the latest version???

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:11 PM

2 replies

Nov 25, 2015 7:41 PM in response to holliejollie1227

The system requirements for the latest iTunes version are stated on the download page (https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) as Windows 7 or newer.

The reason that Apple no longer supports older operating systems like Windows XP is that Microsoft no longer supports or updates them either. Therefore, Windows XP and any software running on it is no longer safe to use connected to the Internet due to many security issues.

If you are still using Windows XP then you have bigger worries that syncing your iPod. You should really disconnect that Windows PC from the Internet immediately and look for a good deal on a new computer during the Holiday deal season. Any new Mac or PC will support the latest version of iTunes and will also keep you more secure on the Internet.

Nov 25, 2015 8:31 PM in response to holliejollie1227

I assume that you're using either Windows XP or Vista. If so, you can add iOS 9 support with iTunes 12.1.3:

The third of these - which is actually the 32-bit application with a 64-bit installer - should be used if you get a warning about video card incompatibility when you install the standard 64-bit version, but also may resolve issues with playback, QuickTime compatibility, and problems with some third-party applications (including Outlook).

I cannot sync my devices because I don't have Windows 7... Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.