Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there a black rectangle on the bottom of my TV screen when viewing movies?

Just watched our first downloaded movie and there was a rectangular box on the bottom middle part of our screen. Any ideas why?

iMac, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 7:54 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 7:21 AM in response to ford7109

Hi ford7109,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Apple TV. I'm sure we can help you figure this out, or at least get you pointed in the right direction, but we may need a bit more info about what you are seeing. Can you provide any more detail on the black rectangle you are seeing (size, position, etc)? Are you only seeing it with downloaded movies, or are you seeing it anywhere else? Or even just on one specific movie? When does it appear? And is there any way you could take a picture of what you are seeing (possibly with your phone) and upload it?

Thanks!

Why is there a black rectangle on the bottom of my TV screen when viewing movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.