Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received a pop up request to change my unlock password within 60 mins. I did this. Now concerned this was not a legitimate request from Apple. Has my phone been hacked?

Unlock password hacking

iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:11 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2015 5:40 AM in response to Smiley1980sarah

If you followed the instructions in this very likely scam message, you have probably provided the scammers with your login credentials. You should change your Apple ID password at https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage - as well as any other site where you use the same password. (This is equivalent to my password having been hacked from a service a couple of weeks ago - I spent half a day changing passwords!)

Nov 26, 2015 6:40 AM in response to Smiley1980sarah

If you mean your screen slide to unlock passcode and all you did was changed it in settings, then you haven't given anything away to anybody. Nobody can see your device's settings nor monitor you changing them.

Do you have an employer security profile on your decide? MS Exchange profiles can be used to enforce passcode timeouts and prompt you to,change them periodically. Or if you are enrolled in any MDM deployed software, the MDM profile can generate that popup.

nobody including Apple can remotely enforce a change to your slide to unlock passcode. That can only be done from a locally installed security profile.

Received a pop up request to change my unlock password within 60 mins. I did this. Now concerned this was not a legitimate request from Apple. Has my phone been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.