Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.4.3 "unexpectedly quits"repeatedly

Every time I open iPhoto, it "unexpectedly quits." I verified Permissions and repaired Permissions and restarted. Tried again to open iPhoto but it quit immediately.

iPhoto 9.4.3, OS X 10.8.5, MacBookPro.

Any suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:29 PM

Is your iPhoto version iPhoto 9.4.3 or iPhoto 9.4.5?

iPhoto 9.4.3 started crashing a few days ago for several people, probably crashing because the Google Maps servers are no longer available.

Look at Huxly's fix in this discussion:

There is a problem with the Places feature, because the Google maps are no longer supported.

See Huxly647's solution:

Huxly647Nov 20, 2015 12:05 AM
Re: iPhoto crashes after opening repeatedlyin response to carvermonHelpful

I found a fix that works for me..

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

Let me know if it works for you guys...

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and causing the crash. To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.

To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 9:29 PM in response to KatoBama

Is your iPhoto version iPhoto 9.4.3 or iPhoto 9.4.5?

iPhoto 9.4.3 started crashing a few days ago for several people, probably crashing because the Google Maps servers are no longer available.

Look at Huxly's fix in this discussion:

There is a problem with the Places feature, because the Google maps are no longer supported.

See Huxly647's solution:

Huxly647Nov 20, 2015 12:05 AM
Re: iPhoto crashes after opening repeatedlyin response to carvermonHelpful

I found a fix that works for me..

1. goto /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Resources

2. delete the files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html

Iphoto no longer crashes, places doesn't work but it doesn't bother me too much.

Let me know if it works for you guys...

Removing the two files ' googlemap.html ' and googlesearch.html from iPhoto's application bundle prevents the javascript inside from being executed and causing the crash. To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

Don't try this fix without making a copy of the iPhoto application before you try to remove the two files from the application bundle.

To access the files inside the iPhoto application select it in the Finder and ctrl-click it. Then use the command "Show Package Contents" from the menu. Open the subfolder Contents, then Resources.

iPhoto 9.4.3 "unexpectedly quits"repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.