Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update and stopped

I plugged in my iPad into my laptop which has the most recent updated version of iTunes on it & a number of problems came up, 1: Even though the item was recognised in iTunes it would not charge up, 2: When it downloaded the update on iTunes and tried to install it my iPad froze and will now not unfreeze, 3: The code (4005) came up claiming there was a problem with my iPad device. The computer keeps claim the iPad is connected by making a sound every time it reconnects but yet the iPad is still frozen, not recognised in iTunes or showing it is connected on my laptop and will still not update.

I would like to know how to unfreeze get the device to be recognised in iTunes & on my laptop, charge up and update my iPad

iPad Mini, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:08 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2015 10:14 PM in response to James55uk

Have you tried to reset the device: Disconnect it from iTunes, and then hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them both down until the Apple appears (up to 30 seconds). The Slide to Unlock screen will display when the reset is complete. If you are able to reset the device, then hook it up to iTunes and try again.

Cheers,

GB

Update and stopped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.