Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to prevent hidden photos to appear on my screen saver?

hello,

my question is regarding using my iPhoto folder in the screen saver. how can i prevent hidden photos to run in the screen saver, when i program it to use my photos from iPhotos folder? for few years that my screen saver is using my iPhoto, but never did the hidden pictures appeared, now something suddenly changed, and i don't know how to change the setting.

i working on OS X Yosemite version 10.10.15, and Photos version 1.0.1.

thanks a lot

M.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 1:08 AM

Photos is iding photos only in the moments and collection, but hidden photos are visible in any album.

Hiding in Photos is not meant to keep photos secret. It is just a means to exclude photos from moments and collections, because they are created automatically, and we cannot remove photos from moments and collections without deleting them.

To hide photos from albums use smart albums and add a rule "Photo is not hidden".

I am using this smart album to show all photos that are not hidden:

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2015 1:08 AM in response to murielle

Photos is iding photos only in the moments and collection, but hidden photos are visible in any album.

Hiding in Photos is not meant to keep photos secret. It is just a means to exclude photos from moments and collections, because they are created automatically, and we cannot remove photos from moments and collections without deleting them.

To hide photos from albums use smart albums and add a rule "Photo is not hidden".

I am using this smart album to show all photos that are not hidden:

User uploaded file

how to prevent hidden photos to appear on my screen saver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.