Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

access iCloud on Mac iPad & iPhone still request old email address password

While I was in England in July I purchased a MacBook Pro. I have been having a lot of trouble with the email boxes on the Mac as I had an Mweb Pop 3 account. Someone told me that if I changed my email to an IMAP account the emails would sync between my iPad, iPhone and Mac. Then.....

1. I changed the Mweb account to the imap system, but Apple Mail still had a few problems, Apple mail didn't like me signing into the Mweb account or deleting messages and was continually going offline. I contacted Mweb again and they told me Apple knew about the problem and told me to ring Apple. I couldn't get through on the number mweb gave me.

2. As I had an existing gmail account I decided to use it as my main email account (lynn********@gmail.com) I put this gmail address as a forwarding address on the mweb account and then deleted the mweb Mail account settings from all my devices. (This gmail account was previously used for my Uk based iTunes account but I have since changed the country, card details and address and it is now linked to the South African App Store and I am now using this as my main email account. It is also a verified)

3. I opened a second gmail account (lgi********@gmail.com) and changed the primary address details from l*********@mweb.co.za to the new gmail account on my Second iTunes account. ( I later replaced the second gmail address with a third gmail address - **********@gmail.com - the reason being I could not verify the second gmail account on the Mac)

4. I then realized I had a problem with signing into my iCloud Drive on my iPhone and iPad they were both still asking for the password to the Mweb id that had been changed to the new gmail account. I also discovered on the Mac that the new gmail account (**********@gmail.com) had bot been verified so I cannot sign into the iCloud on the Mac either. I continually click the box for an email to be sent to allow me to verify the account but have not received an email to do this.

5. I tried signing out of the iCloud account on my phone in the hope that I could sign in again with the new email address, this did not work and all that has happened is that I have lost all the iCloud information off my phone and it is still asking me for the Mweb password to sign into the cloud. I tried to back up my phone from iTunes but could not do this as I have to turn off "find my phone" which was also linked to the mweb password so cannot do that either.

6. I then created a third Gmail account (*************@gmail.com) to replace the second one (which cannot be verified) on my iTunes account, the third gmail account has been verified but is not recognized by the Mac iPad or iPhone iCloud accounts. (This iTunes account was originally linked to the South African App Store but I have changed the country, card details and address and it is now linked to the UK App Store, I will only use this ID for the UK iTunes Store when I am in England I do not want this ID linked to the iCloud.

7. Summary of My iTunes ID's. are: l***********@gmail.com which is linked to the South African App Store and *************@gmail.com which is linked to the UK App Store. Both these ID's can be used for purchases in the app stores without a problem and I can access the app stores on all devices. But the iCloud Drive is not recognizing either of these ID's. I would like iCloud Drive to link with my main email address which is now "************@gmail.com" and be able to enter this address on my Mac, iPad and iPhone to get access to the cloud .

8. I have tried many times to access iCloud on my phone and iPad but because they are continually asking me for the mweb password I am always sent to forgot my id to reset the password, hence a vicious circle now exists. When trying to access the iCloud settings the error message on both the iPhone and iPad say account locked even after resetting the password. On the Mac I am locked out because the address **********@gmail.com cannot be verified.

Please can you advise me how I can solve this problem and how I go about resetting my devices to access iCloud, bearing in mind that I am locked out and therefore cannot alter any iCloud settings on any of my devices..

I hope someone can assist me to put this right

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), Syncing to iPad and iPhone as well

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:39 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Lynn2806

Hi Lynn2806,

I'm sorry to hear you have been having these issues with your devices and your Apple ID accounts. If you are being prompted for a previous Apple ID in iCloud, you may find the steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud - Apple Support

You may also want to double-check that you have updated all of the Apple ID related services correctly, as noted here:

What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Regards

access iCloud on Mac iPad & iPhone still request old email address password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.