Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Selective" iCloud shared photo stream subscription possible (only on specific devices)?

Morning all,

I was wondering if – in order to save storage space on my iOS devices – I could subscribe to shared iCloud photo streams only on my computers but not on my iOS devices? Put differently, if I unsubscribe from an existing shared photo stream on my iOS devices, would I remain subscribed on my computers?

Many thanks in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:12 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 8:06 AM in response to e483.101

According to that article

iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ - Apple Support

Shared with you photostream does not take up storage on your device, unless you download those pictures.

But even if you do download photo from stream it's resolution about 10 times smaller then original.

I would not worry about taking to much storage by those photos, precisely because of that reduction. Simply put if you have photostream with 1000 photos and they are on average 2 to 3 Mbytes in size each originally, the stream would not take more the 300 megabytes of storage which is very insignificant for even 8 gigabyte phone. I have yet to see anyone that would have that many photos in their shared streams.

"Selective" iCloud shared photo stream subscription possible (only on specific devices)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.