Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5th Gen won't turn on? Stuck on start-up screen, it seems.

Siiiiiiiiigh.

My iPod died the other day and I didn't really get around to charging it until about an hour ago. I first plugged into the adapter into my wall, which made my iPod start charging like usual. All fine and dandy, right? Well, no.

It turns on and I see my lockscreen, I unlock my iPod and it takes me to the homescreen. I go to snapchat and my iPod immediately turns off for some reason. I'm kind of concerned and I try turning it on again, which gives me the apple logo for a pretty long time (a couple of minutes) and then it turns off again. This continues to happen... well... pretty much every other time I attempt this. I've also plugged it into my macbook, to no avail. I've tried holding down the home and power button to "restart" it, and I've also tried holding them down until this screen comes up:

User uploaded file

Which it does, but it's only for a split second and then it disappears... I really don't know what to do at this point :/ thanks for reading.

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 10:30 PM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 12:27 AM in response to tastethewaste

Press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

If this does not help, take a look these Apple Support articles:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

If these steps don't work, contact Apple and ask for help.

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/contact

Nov 26, 2015 12:50 AM in response to tastethewaste

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 5th Gen won't turn on? Stuck on start-up screen, it seems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.