Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store

All I want is to download OS X El Captain. ****, all I want is the new version of safari. But I don't want to pay for anything. How do I use the app store without providing a payment method? Because the version of safari that comes with the OS X 10.7.5 is no longer supported by most sites.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:59 PM

3 replies

Nov 26, 2015 12:41 AM in response to motherfriggenplatypus

Please ignore the link from the other user!

There is nothing in that document that will help someone like yourself, someone who already has an Apple ID. Do not create another Apple ID. That will complicate your life with Apple.

If it is available, choose the None option. If it isn't available, you might try redeeming a small iTunes Gift Card. Just because you provide a credit card in your account, doesn't mean that you must buy anything. I've had credit cards in my accounts for over 10 years with no issues.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.1; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.1

App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.