Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone keeps saying not enough storage to update already downloaded apps

i have an iPhone 5 my phone ran out of "storage" so I bought more from iCloud I think I have 43gb left but whenever I try to update apps that are already on my phone I get messages saying unable to download mama she storage in settings!! Yea I have no phone storage but I have lots of storage that I bought!! I'm also able to download new apps it's just updating the ones I already have that seems to be the issue

thank you

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 11:54 PM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 3:32 AM in response to Bon.louise

Firstly, the storage you're buying is iCloud storage. You're not increasing the amount of storage on the phone. It is not possible to increase an iPhone's storage. So buying more of this storage isn't going to help you with this problem.

The installation and updating of apps takes a lot more space than those apps will actually take up once they are installed (up to three times as much, although Apple has tried to streamline this in recent iOS versions). If the apps you're trying to update are large and/or you have little space left you can get problems. The only solution is to free up space.

My phone keeps saying not enough storage to update already downloaded apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.