Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuity dosn't work but AirDrop Does

Hi

I have problems getting the handoff/continuity working probably and am trying to figure out why.

• I have allowed handoff between my mac (mbp 2015) and icloud devices
  • I have switched handoff on on my iphome (iphone6 with ios9), and suggested apps are set to installed

As i say, i can use airdrop just fine between the two devices but not continuity/handoff. im not sure how related the two features are, but from my searches it seems that most either have both working or none.

Does continuity/handoff use wifi? ie could it be something on my network that blocks the continuity/handoff port. I did run a small test by creating a network on my mbp and connecting the iphone to this, however this does not work either.

Do you have any good suggestions to what i can try to get it running?

Best regards

Mesalas

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:11 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 12:56 PM in response to mesalas

Hey mesalas,
Sorry to hear that you are having an issues with Continuity and your iPhone. Let's see if we can get it sorted out.
I am unsure of what app you are trying to use for Continuity, but most issues can be cleared up by taking a look at the article below. You have checked your settings, but I would also make sure that you have Bluetooth enabled as well.
Get help using Continuity with your iOS device or your Mac
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204678

Take it easy

Continuity dosn't work but AirDrop Does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.