Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S Screen Fault - Cannot backup without passcode

Have a problem here, iPhone 5S developed an issue today, resulting in the screen to stop working properly.

Had lines up and down the screen - still readable (kinda) but the right hand side touch stopped working. First mistake - did a hard reset.

Then asked for passcode after restart. Unfortunately my passcode uses 9 and 3s so could not unlock.

Anyway could only answer calls all day except when going to the car to make calls via the bluetooth car kit. Doh!

Signed up for a new iPhone 6 tonight and brought home, but my last iTunes backup is about 3 1/2 weeks ago (not bad I suppose) but want to make a backup today before transferring over to the new phone. Needs passcode. Grrr.

Then tried restore - that requires 'Find My iPhone' turned off, tried to do that via iCloud browser, still get the same iCloud message in iTunes when trying to Restore.

Is there any way to make a backup TODAY to iTunes? Can the apple techs in the Genius bar achieve this if I cant?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 4:57 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5S Screen Fault - Cannot backup without passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.