Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5c icloud account not removed

I bought a badly cracked iphone off a guy at one of those second hand markets and i geuss he really badly wanted the money because he was practically begging me to buy it for $75

I bought it but got home and saw that the Icloud account was still on it and i couldn't get it off

I went back but the guy wasn't there and i checked the contacts and it didn't work

I tried to restore the iphone but it made matters worse because now i cant access the iphone without the account

the Iphone is a 5c with lime green back

Please help me i was looking forward to refurbishing this iphone my self now i cant to a thing!!!!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 12:35 AM

1 reply

Nov 26, 2015 12:54 AM in response to FoffNation

Nothing you can do - you will never be able to use this phone because you have come up against the activation lock, which is there as an anti-theft device.

You need to find the guy that you purchased the phone from and get him to remove his account from the phone.

If you cannot find him, then this is $75 that you have wasted as you will never be able to use the phone and nobody will do anything to help you because it is an anti theft device. You were scammed by this guy.

Re-cycle the phone and get a little money for it, but if you want an iPhone, then go to an Apple store and buy one from a legitimate source.

There is nothing more to be done here - you can never use this phone.

Iphone 5c icloud account not removed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.