Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos (app) ruins my workflow

How can I avoid using Photos (application) after updating to El Capitan.

My normal workflow with my pictures is ruined.

Can I just remove it and go on as before?

Thanks

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 2:49 AM

15 replies

Nov 26, 2015 9:00 AM in response to Brisjit

You might try this approach:

1 - launch Image Capture (located in the Applications folder) and then insert the memory card.

2 - at the lower left hand corner of IC's window click on the drop down menu and select your Nikon application under Other.

User uploaded file

If the drop down menu isn't showing click on this button

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, insert the memory card and see if your Nikon app launches automatically, If it does but doesn't after your reformat the card repeat and try setting "No application" in the drop down menu. See if this will stick for all memory cards and you can manually launch your Nikon app.

User uploaded file

Nov 28, 2015 10:29 AM in response to Brisjit

try reading the answers

As previously answered

1 - no you can not remove Photos as it is part of the OS

2 - Photos is not preventing you from doing anything - just do not use it

3 - How to wok around it? Stop using it and use what you want

4 - If your Nikon software is not working contact Nikon support - that is not a user nor an apple issue

LN

Nov 29, 2015 6:50 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hi Terence.

Thanks for all you advise and help.

I have the latest version of Bridge all the time, I have Creative cloud from Adobe.

It does'nt matter what I do. I can go to the folder in Bridge and copy the pictures to the folder i want on my Mac, only it's annoying to do every time.

I do not want Photos to open every time i use the cardreader, but can't get it to stop that anywhere in the options of Photos.

I think my problem is quite similar to what Brisjets problem is..

Photos (app) ruins my workflow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.