Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro with external display

Hello!

I have MacBook Pro 13" late 2011 model. It is connected to external 27" display with resolution 2560x1440. I can see that performance on the external display is poor. I work mostly in Lightroom and Pro Tools and I can see that scrolling and similar stuff is going pretty hard. Why is that so? Can I do something to improve the performance of external display? Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 3:14 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2015 1:56 PM in response to mp00172

Your Mac should have support the display with this resolution.

Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

but also its important what kind of extarnal display you have. Apple's 27" thunderbolt or another brand.

if i were you i would try with different adapters DVI- VGA. For example Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display

Macbook Pro with external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.