Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio button

Hi there,

I am using Keynote to teach English and my presentations show a text with the audio.

The audio button whenever clicked plays from start and sometimes (but not always) re-start from where it was paused. I cannot understand why this random action !

What would be nice would be to have a radio button like in html5 where you could stop, go back and restart from where paused or from start as you want.

Thanks,

Christian

iWeb '08, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 3:07 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 11:55 AM in response to chbiche

I cannot understand why this random action !

It is not random.

Click on the audio button to play

click again it will stop

click again it will play from last postition

click away from the button then click back on the audio button, it will play from start

What would be nice would be to have a radio button like in html5 where you could stop, go back and restart from where paused or from start as you want.

There are no on screen transport controls for audio files in Keynote, Audio files in a slideshow are designed to play from the start and keep playing until the end. If the listener requires to hear the sound file again when in Play, press the backspace or left arrow key to go back, then the space bar to play.

If you need to preview or edit sound file use Quicktime player where there are full play back controls:

QuickTime Player Keyboard Commands

Shortcut

Action

Space bar

Play or pause

Command ()-Return

Play or pause all movies

Left Arrow

Stop playback and go back one frame

Right Arrow

Stop playback and go forward one frame

Option-Left Arrow

Go to the beginning of a movie

Option-Right Arrow

Go to the end of a movie

Command ()-Left Arrow

Cycle through rewind speeds

Command ()-Right Arrow

Cycle through fast forward speeds

Up Arrow

Turn volume up

Down Arrow

Turn volume down

Option-Up Arrow

Turn the volume up to the maximum level

Option-Down Arrow

Turn the volume down to the minimum level

Option-Command ()-L

Loop the movie

audio button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.