Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV (gen 4) Setup boots to foreign language. How to factory reset (without usb-c cable)?

My brand-new, never been unwrapped, Apple TV booted to a foreign language. I could not find anywhere, how to perform factory reset at boot time (without a USB-C cable). Was it possible?

Support and the Apple store were closed for the night, so it took me two hours of trying in the foreign language to get connected, to find the factory reset feature.

Big fail for me - "it [did not] just work"

AppleTV 2, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 5:32 AM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2015 6:35 AM in response to Alan McDonley

Locate and select settings (with the gears icon), select the top option in the menu, then scroll down and select the second to last option from the next screen, this brings up a list of languages, select yours. The Apple TV needs to restart to change language and asks you to confirm this, when it does this select the top option.

Nov 26, 2015 5:17 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thank you for taking the time to respond... those steps will work after getting connected and setup (which was very difficult to do when you do not understand what the screen is telling you to do. )

I was hoping someone would know tell the secret - "hold your remote upside down, press and hold the home button, jump up and down three times, then press the mic button and say 'Apple rules'"?

Apple TV (gen 4) Setup boots to foreign language. How to factory reset (without usb-c cable)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.