Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motion detector for homekit?

I am searching for a homekit-certified motion detector. If you google this topic, you find LOTs of promises and shipping dates, but I still haven't found one.

Even Apples' own beautiful page on homekit specifically mentions motion detectors, but where are they ? The only homekit-compatible hubs I can find do not work with the company's own motion dectectors (e.g. Insteon). I am a solid apple supporter, but unless I have missed something ? why does Apple release homekit promotional material where there are no products that are advertised.

By the way, there isn't even a HOMEKIT community on here ? I had to post this in "home sharing" which has nothing to do with Homekit.

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 4, iOS 5, have PC with xp

Posted on Nov 26, 2015 6:38 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 11:17 AM in response to lbhough

HomeKit is just a framework for communicating/controlling connected accessories in a user’s home, so any specific functionality would be up to the particular developer. Since it is just a framework, the Developer community here would be the most reasonable place for discussions about developing with it, but there is also a specific forum for the HomeKit framework in the App Frameworks section at the Apple Developer Forums.

motion detector for homekit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.